Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oregon Coast

At the beginning of July we headed up to the Oregon Coast to visit my Uncle Kent, my mom's brother.  He has recently built a home right on the coast, on this cliff.  He has a pretty sweet set up and has thought of everything to make his beach house very modern.  I loved every part of it from the lime green back splash to the heated concrete floors to the high tech toilets to the greatest view ever.  It was amazing!  Thanks Uncle Kent. 


There were these trees all over the beach.  It made for some fun pictures and a great climbing gym!

Every morning the tide was so low, 2 of the mornings it was extremely low and all these starfish were exposed.  We had a blast seeing how many we could see before the tide started to come in!
The beach was fun and we went there every day, but the water was freezing!
Sharon and I created this masterpiece of a sandcastle!  Then with the help of my mom, Kate, my grandma, and my Aunt Jeannette we found all the decor on the beach!  Don't you love our pebble draw bridge/pathway!
Yes, they are jump-roping with some seaweed or whatever it is.  I don't think I could ever get Scott or my brothers, or cousins to play jumprope, but give them something long and gross and they want to play jumprope forever!
Kate and Daddy's sandcastle! 
This was a river that fed right into the ocean, it was also cold, but it felt a titch warmer then the ocean!
Kate thought of this all on her own, to make a "Sand Angel"!  Kate loved the sand and between Scott and Kate we were at the beach most of the time!  We all could live by the ocean and the sandy beaches!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Hope everything is going REALLY well!
Tara

johnandcourtney said...

i FOUND YOUR BLOG THROUGH ERINS. IT WILL BE SO FUN TO KEEP IN TOUCH!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love that you guys have gotten to travel so much this summer, great memories!

Kathryn Martin said...

That was such a great trip. I need to tell Kent to look at your blog. He will love it. Thanks again, Scott, for driving the whole way home on your birthday!!