Thursday, September 23, 2010

Summer 2010

Yes, I have been slacking in the blogging world so I decided to play major catch up with pictures of some of our Summer activities and adventures. In June the Martin family flew out to NY to see and visit the church sites there and then we drove down to Ohio, where my sister Taunya and her husband Ian live and spent the remainder of our trip there! We had a blast, thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Can I take your picture, um......That would be lovely!
Niagara Falls
Getting ready to board the Maid of The Mist to see the Falls from down below!
Finally, a picture of the entire family! I know it was stressful and some tension when we started, but this was one of my favorite parts of the trip especially when we attempted the pyramid. Thanks men for putting up with all the picture taking and just smiling!
Karley wasn't so sure about this picture! I don't think I stopped laughing the entire time!
Ya, we did it!
At the end of June we had a bitter-sweet moment, my Grandpa Martin passed away and even though it is and was hard to have him leave, he is in a better and happier place. Taunya was able to come home for the funeral and spend some time with us also. Kate and Karley just love their aunts!

Scott and I had the opportunity to be a Ma and Pa for our stake trek this summer. We went up to Martin's Cove and Rock Creek Hollow. I am so glad that we had this chance and wow, what a testimony builder and an experience that I will cherish forever!
The famous Lake Powell trip. I didn't get very many pictures because my mom took them all and I have not yet got them on my computer yet, but I thought I would throw these ones in for fun. Kate was very brave this year and jumped off the lower part of the houseboat and as always couldn't get enough of the water. Karley had a time of her life. Following in her sisters footsteps she too loves the water.
These hammocks were hung form the top of the houseboat and we all enjoyed them!
Jet ski side with Grandpa Martin
Having Dress up fun with Uncle Kevin
I need more ranch!
This summer we replaced our wood chips with sand! It was a lot of work, but we sure love it and Karley loves to eat it! Yum!
Give Jake Loves!
Kate has become quite the little swimmer and got brave enough to jump off the low dive and was able to swim all be herself to the edge of the swimming pool. I am so proud of you Kate!

Karley at about 16 months, her first time in full on piggy tails. They didn't stay in all the way, but they looked so stinkin' cute on her and made her look too old!
My Little Karley loves to read and look at books. When every she is crying we can pretty much calm her down by reading her a book!

Scott took on Kings Peak for the second time with his scouts this summer.


Kate got a hair cut about 6 inches.
Best Friends

Bubbles on the tramp!


Karley loves the water and being wet!

2 comments:

Taunya and Ian said...

Wow you were behind! Palmyra seemed like forever ago, oh wait it was! Good job on the updates though! I love ALL the pictures! I still want to see pictures of Kate's first day of school,& her new bed. I can't believe how fast summer came and went! I guess it is a good thing, because the sooner the time goes by the sooner I will be living there! Love ya & miss ya!

Marissa said...

Such a busy and fun summer! Your girls are so stinkin' cute! It was fun to read your update!